CFSA Customer Bill of Rights
CFSA’s member companies want to ensure their customers are treated fairly and understand the terms of their small-dollar loan.
- You have the right to courteous and professional service.
- You have the right to have your financial privacy and personal identity protected during and after transacting with a CFSA member company.
- You have the right to receive full written disclosure of all fees and terms associated with your small-dollar loan.
- You have the right to rescind your loan, at no cost, within one (1) business day of accepting a small-dollar loan.
- You have the right to file a grievance against a CFSA member company if you believe that you have been treated in a manner that violates CFSA’s code of Best Practices. In such cases, CFSA’s Ethics Committee will investigate your allegation and work with you and the CFSA member to resolve the issue.
- You have the right to lawful and professional collection practices.
- Upon repayment of your small-dollar loan, you have the right to decline any offer to assume an additional small-dollar loan.
- If you live in a regulated state or municipality, you have the right to demand that your lender adhere to the short-term lending law(s) of that state or municipality.